The WiFi Clients console shows a list of all the devices connected to the WLAN. The type of device, source, number of sources blocked and allowed, and bytes sent and received are displayed. The source’s Service Set Identifier (SSID) is also displayed in the Source SSID column. An SSID is a case sensitive, 32 character alphanumerical identifier that acts as a password when a mobile device tries to connect to the WLAN.
This console can be filtered by AP, Device Type, Result, Source Device, Source IP, Source SSID, and User. For more on filters, see Filtering options.
Scenario: Determining the threat risk of an individual WiFi client
In this scenario,the administrator will use the WiFi Clients FortiView console to determine the risk levels associated with an individual WiFi client, and then drilldown into that client to determine where the risk originates and who might be the offending user/IP.
1. Go to FortiView > WiFi Clients and view the device list table.
2. Double-click on a device to filter on that source.
3. Under the Risk column, identify the items that present the greatest risk (using the Applications, Destinations,
Threats, and/or Sessions tabs, for example).
4. Right-click these items for further action.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos