The Countriesconsole displays network activity by geographic region. This console features the same view options as the other consoles, as well as Country Map. This visually highlights the countries from which user access to the network has been detected on a map of the globe.
The Time Display options for this console are 5 minutes, 1 hour, and 24 hours. The Country Map can sort by various options using the Sort By: dropdown menu. You can place your cursor over any country to display a tool-tip with detailed info on that country’s traffic, and click on any country to drill down into greater (filtered) detail. The colour gradiant on the map indicates the traffic load, where red indicates the more critical load.
This console can be filtered by Country, Destination Interface, Policy, Result, and Security Interface. For more on filters, see Filtering options.
Only FortiGate models 100D and above support the 24 hour historical data.
Scenario: Investigate international source bandwidth usage
The Countries console can be used to investigate how much bandwidth specific international sources/IP addresses are using:
1. Go to FortiView > Countries to see what and how many countries are currently logged into the corporate network. You can also see how many sessions are taking place in each country, and how much traffic they are generating, shown by bytes sent and received, and total bandwidth usage.
2. To see how much specific bandwidth any particular session is using, drill down into a country, e.g. United States, and select the Destinations drill down option.
3. All current sessions from the United States are now shown in list format. From here you can select either Bytes (Sent/Received) and/or Bandwidth column headers to show which session is generating the most bandwidth, and exactly how much bandwidth is being used.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos