New role property on interfaces (294385)
Interfaces now have a property called ‘role’ which affects visibility and suggests different default options depending on it’s value.
- WAN – this interface is used to connect to the internet.
- LAN – this interface is used to connect to local network of endpoints.
- DMZ – this interface is used to connect to servers.
- Undefined – This interface has a custom role which isn’t one of the above.
Interface roles affect visibility of properties and features (295736)
Depending on an interfaces role, some properties may set to a default value and the visibility of others may be set to show or hide in the GUI.
Toggle automatic authorization of extension devices (294966)
When an interface is configured to be dedicated to an extension device, a new option appears to auto-authorize extension devices.
Support for new modem added (293598)
Support for the Linktop LW273 modem has been added.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos
Leave a Reply