Outgoing Action tab
The Outgoing Action tab lets you to select what actions the FortiMail unit takes against spam and virus-infected email going to a domain that is not protected by FortiMail.
To configure outgoing actions
- Go to Settings > AntiSpam > Outgoing Action.
Figure 45:Editing outgoing actions
- Configure the following:
|Tag email’s subject line||Enable and then enter in the With value field the text that will appear in the subject line of the email, such as “[spam]”. The FortiMail unit will prepend this text to the subject line of spam it forwards to the recipient.
Many email clients can sort incoming email messages into separate mailboxes, including a spam mailbox, based on text appearing in various parts of email messages, including the subject line.
|Reject||Enable to reject the email and reply to the SMTP client with SMTP reply code 550.|
|Discard||Enable to delete the message (instead of delivering the email) without notifying the SMTP client|
|AntiVirus Action s|
|Virus scanning||Scan email for virus infection and take actions defined in the antivirus action profile.|
- Click Apply.
Configuring logs, reports and email alerts
The Log and Report menu lets you:
- view logs
- create and view reports
- create email alerts
The FortiMail unit provides easy access to four types of logs: history, events, antispam, and antivirus. All four logs behave the same way and offer the same features.
To view log data
- Go to Log and Report > Log and select one of the tabs.
Figure 46:Event tab used as an example
Each available log appears on a separate line.
- To view log contents, do one of the following:
- select a log and click Edit
- double-click the log The log entry expands.
Figure 47:Expanded event log
- Examine the log contents using these tools:
- To filter entries on their severity level, select a severity from the Level drop-down list:
Table 10:Log severity levels
|0 – Emergency||The system has become unusable.|
|1 – Alert||Immediate action is required.|
|2 – Critical||Functionality is affected.|
|3 – Error||An error condition exists and functionality could be affected.|
|4 – Warning||Functionality could be affected.|
|5 – Notification||Information about normal events.|
|6 – Information||General information about system operations.|
- To filter by the type of problem (such as an administration, configuration or mail protocol problem), select a type from the Subtype drop-down list.
- To go to a specific line number, enter the number next to Go to line and press Enter.
- Click Save View to retain the changes you made to the report view for the next time.
- Click Back to collapse the log report and return to the log listing.
- To delete one or more logs, select their check boxes and click Delete.
- To download a log, select it and click Download.
- Select one of the download formats.
- A file download dialog appears.
- Click Save and then browse to a location to save the file.
Searching log data
When viewing a list of logs or when you expand the log data to examine individual log entries, you can use the log search facility to help locate the information you want by keyword, message, date or other attributes.
To search log data
- Click Search.
A dialog appears.
Figure 48:Log search dialog for events
- Enter your search criteria. The fields vary with the type of log you are searching.
- Click Apply.
The search results appear in a new tab named Search Result.
Creating and managing reports
The Report menu item provides a way to create reports of log information and to manage those reports.
The Report tab lets you view, delete or download existing reports. If you have not yet created a report profile and run it, the Report tab will be empty.
Go to Log and Report > Report > Report.
- To view a report, click the plus sign next to the report name to see all its components. Double-click one of its component parts: the report opens in a new browser window.
- The delete a report and all its components, select the report’s check box and click Delete.
- To download a report, select the report’s check box and click Download. Select the format option from the menu presented (PDF or HTML). Click Save when prompted. Browse to the save location and click Save.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To Buy Your Fortinet Hardware From The Fortinet GURU