Configuring email notification for a report profile
When configuring a report profile, you can configure the FortiMail unit to email a copy of the generated report to designated recipients in either HTML or PDF format.
- Select the down-arrow next to Email Notification to expand the section.
Figure 55:Email Notification
- Select an option next to Report format (HTML or PDF) to set the report output.
- For each email address you want to receive the report, do the following:
- Enter the email address of a recipient under Email address.
- Click the move-right button (->) to move it to the All notification Email address
Generate an on-demand report
While some of your reports may execute on a schedule, you can manually run any report, anytime, including non-scheduled reports.
To manually generate a report
- Go to Log and Report > Report > Configuration.
- Click to select the report profile to use when generating the report.
- Click Generate.
The FortiMail unit immediately begins to generate a report. To view the resulting report, click the Report tab. The report label is the name you gave the report plus a time stamp.
Creating email alerts
The Alert Email tab lets you define which problem categories to use as alerts and to specify which email addresses should receive the alerts.
Configuring alert recipients
Use the Configuration tab to create and manage a list of alert recipients.
Go to Log and Report > Alert Email > Configuration.
Figure 56:Alert email Configuration tab
- You can send a test message to any recipient. Select the check box next to one or more recipients and click Test.
- To remove alert recipients, select the check box next to one or more recipients and click Delete.
- You can add a recipient to the list:
To add a recipient to the list
- Click New.
A dialog appears.
Figure 57:New alert email dialog
- Enter an email address and click Create.
Selecting alert categories
Use the Categories tab to select the events for which the FortiMail unit will generate an alert.
- Go to Log and Report > Alert Email > Categories.
Figure 58:Alert email categories
- Select one or more alert categories.
|Virus incidents||Send an alert message when the FortiMail unit detects a virus.|
|Critical events||Send an alert email message when the FortiMail unit detects a system error that may affect its operation.|
|Disk is full||Send an alert email message when the FortiMail unit hard disk is full.|
|Remote archiving/NAS failures||Send an alert email message when the remote archiving feature encounters one or more failures.|
|HA events||Send an alert email message when any high availability (HA) event occurs.
When a FortiMail unit is operating in HA mode, the subject line of the alert email includes the host name of the cluster member. If you have configured a different host name for each member of the cluster, this enables you to identify which FortiMail unit in the HA cluster sent the alert email message.
|Disk quota of an
account is exceeded
|Send an alert email message when an email user’s account exceeds its quota of hard disk space.
This option is available only in server mode.
|Dictionary is corrupted||Send an alert email message when a dictionary is corrupt.|
System quarantine Send an alert email message when the system quarantine reaches its quota is full quota of hard disk space.
|Deferred email # over x, interval time y minutes||Send an alert email message if the delayed email queue contains greater than this number of email messages. Enter a number between 1 and 10 000 to define the alert threshold, then enter the interval of time between each alert email message that the FortiMail unit will send while the number of email messages in the deferred email queue remains over this limit.|
FortiGuard license Send an alert if the FortiGuard license is nearing expiry. Enter the expiry time number of days until expiry between 1 and 100.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos