Creating administrator profiles
To create a new administrator profile, you must be logged in to an account with sufficient privileges, or as a super user administrator.
To create a custom administrator profile:
- Go to System Settings > Admin > Profile.
- Click Create New in the toolbar. The New Profile pane is displayed.
- Configure the following settings:
|Profile Name Enter a name for this profile.|
|Description Optionally, enter a description for this profile. While not a
requirement, a description can help to know what the profiles is for, or the levels it is set to.
|Permissions Select None, Read Only, or Read-Write access for the categories as required.|
|Privacy Masking Enable/disable privacy masking.|
|Masked Data Fields Select the fields to mask: Destination Name, Source IP, Destination IP, User, Source Name, Email, Message, and/or Source MAC.|
| Data Mask Key Enter the data masking encryption key. You need the Data Mask
Key to see the original data.
| Data Unmasked Time(0- Enter the number of days the user assigned to this profile can see
365 Days) all logs without masking.
The logs are masked if the time period in the Log View toolbar is greater than the number of days in the Data Masked Time field.
l Only integers between 0-365 are supported.
l Time frame masking does not apply to real time logs.
l Time frame masking applies to custom view and drill-down data.
- Click OK to create the new administrator profile.
To apply a profile to an administrator:
- Go to System Settings > Administrators.
- Create a new administrator or edit an existing administrator. The Edit Administrator pane is displayed.
- From the Admin Profile list, select a profile.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos