A Universally Unique Identified (UUID) attribute has been added to some firewall objects, so that the logs can record these UUID to be used by a FortiManager or FortiAnalyzer unit. The objects currently include:
- Addresses, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Address Groups, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Virtual IPs, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Virtual IP groups, both IPv4 and IPv6
- Policies, IPv4,IPv6 and IP64
A UUID is a 16-octet (128-bit) number that is represented by 32 lowercase hexidecimal digits. The digits are displayed in five groups separated by hyphens (-). The pattern is 8-4-4-4-12; 36 digits if you include the hyphens.
Note: UUID is only supported on large-partition platforms (>=128M)
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos