Migrating the configuration
You can back up the system of one FortiAnalyzer model, and then use the CLI and the FTP, SCP, or SFTP protocol to migrate the settings to another FortiAnalyzer model.
If you encrypted the FortiAnalyzer configuration file when you created it, you need the password to decrypt the configuration file when you migrate the file to another FortiAnalyzer model.
To migrate the FortiAnalyzer configuration:
- In one FortiAnalyzer model, go to System Settings > Dashboard.
- Back up the system. See Backing up the system on page 160.
- In the other FortiAnalyzer model, go to System Settings > Dashboard.
- In the CLI Console widget, type the following command:
execute migrate all-settings <ftp | scp | sftp> <server> <filepath> <user> <password> [cryptpasswd]
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos