Backing up the system
Fortinet recommends that you back up your FortiAnalyzer configuration to your management computer on a regular basis to ensure that, should the system fail, you can quickly get the system back to its original state with minimal affect to the network. You should also perform a back up after making any changes to the FortiAnalyzer configuration or settings that affect the connected devices.
Fortinet recommends backing up all configuration settings from your FortiAnalyzer unit before upgrading the FortiAnalyzer firmware.
To back up the FortiAnalyzer configuration:
- Go to System Settings > Dashboard.
- In the System Information widget, click the backup button next to System Configuration. The Backup System dialog box opens
- If you want to encrypt the backup file, select the Encryption box, then type and confirm the password you want to use. The password can be a maximum of 63 characters.
- Select OK and save the backup file on your management computer.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos