You can filter events using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a context-sensitive filter.
Filter FortiView summaries using the Add Filter box in the toolbar or by right-clicking an entry and selecting a contextsensitive filter. You can also filter by specific devices or log groups and by time.
To filter events using filters in the toolbar:
- Specify filters in the Add Filter
- Regular Search: In the selected summary view, click Add Filter and select a filter from the dropdown list, then type a value. Click NOT to negate the filter value. You can add multiple filters and connect them with “and” or
- Advanced Search: Click the Switch to Advanced Search icon at the end of the Add Filter In Advanced Search mode, enter the search criteria (log field names and values). Click the Switch to RegularSearch icon to go back to regular search.
To filter events using the right-click menu:
In the event list, right-click an entry and select a filter criterion (Search <filtervalue>).
Depending on the column in which your mouse is placed when you right-click, FortiView uses the column value as the filter criteria. This context-sensitive filter is only available for certain columns.
To launch Search in Logview from an event:
In the event list, right-click an entry and select Search in Logview.
Log View will launch with the filter automatically filled in with the following information:
- Log type of the event
- Time range (the first to the last occurrence of the event) l Event trigger and group by value
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos