FortiGate Cloud – Homepage
You see the homepage when you first open the FortiGate Cloud interface. From the homepage, you can add a FortiGate as described in To deploy a FortiGate/FortiWifi to FortiGate Cloud using the key: on page 11. You can also go to the Analysis on page 16, Management on page 29, SandBox on page 35, and Inventory on page 40 pages.
To view Fortinet devices that you have deployed using the same FortiCloud account under a different service, you can click # device(s)in othersite. This does not display if you have not deployed any devices under a different service. This displays a dropdown list of devices deployed using the same FortiCloud account under a different service. For example, if you are currently logged in to the Europe service, this link displays a dropdown list of devices deployed under the global service. If there are more than 20 devices deployed to the other service, the dropdown list only displays 20. You can go to the other service homepage by clicking Switch Site.
The homepage also displays currently active devices that you previously deployed to the current service, but later deployed to another service. For example, if you deployed a FortiGate to the global service, then deployed it to the Europe service, it shows up in the homepage for both services. The Active in column in the Analysis, Management, and SandBox homepages displays which service the device is currently connected to.
To add more administrators/users:
- In the upper right of the FortiGate Cloud interface, select the My Account
- Select Add User in the window.
- Enter the new admin/user’s email address and name.
- Select whether they are an admin (total control over the FortiGate Cloud interface) or a regular user (limited control, monitoring only).
- From the Language dropdown list, select the desired language.
- From the Default Entry Point dropdown list, select the desired default page. This is the default page the user sees when they log in to FortiGate Cloud.
- Select Submit. The admin/user receives an email prompting them to set their account password and log in.
To replace an account ID with a new email address:
- Log in to FortiGate Cloud using the account that you want to replace. In the upper right of the FortiGate Cloud interface, select the My Account In the list of users, ensure that the new email address is not already in use.
- Add a new admin user, using the desired new email address. Follow the instructions in To add more administrators/users: on page 14 to add the new admin user.
- Select Set as primary.
- Log out of FortiGate Cloud.
- Log in to FortiGate Cloud as the admin user added in step 2.
- Click the My Account
- In the list of users, click the Delete icon beside the old account to remove it from FortiGate Cloud.
You can move a FortiGate from the global service to the Europe service, or vice-versa. The example illustrates moving a FortiGate Cloud from the global service to the Europe service.
To move a FortiGate from the global service to the Europe service:
- Log in to the FortiGate Cloud global service.
- On the Analysis, Management, or SandBox page, undeploy the FortiGate:
- Click the Config icon for the desired device.
- Click Undeploy.
- In the confirmation dialog, click YES.
- You have the option to place a unit where the FortiGate was deployed. The unit contains historical data and a serial number that starts with U.
- Go to Inventory and confirm that the FortiGate is now listed under inventory.
- Log in to the FortiGate Cloud Europe service.
- Go to Inventory. Select the desired FortiGate, then click Deploy to FortiGate Cloud.
Log in to the FortiOS GUI. Reactivate FortiGate Cloud by following To deploy a FortiGate/FortiWifi to FortiGate Cloud in the FortiOS GUI: on page 12.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos
Leave a Reply