FTP Error Codes
This section lists the possible error codes for FTP downloads. The codes are industry standard reporting codes.
- 100 Codes—The requested action is being taken. Expect a reply before proceeding with a new command.
110 Restart marker reply.In this case, the text is exact and not left to the particular implementation; it must read: MARK yyyy = mmmm Where yyyy is User-process data stream marker, and mmmm server’s equivalent marker (note the spaces between markers and
120 Service ready in (n) minutes.
125 Data connection already open, transfer starting.
150 File status okay, about to open data connection.
150 File status okay; about to open data connection.
- 200 Codes—The requested action has been successfully completed. 200 Command okay.
202 Command not implemented, superfluous at this site.
- System status, or system help reply.
- Directory status.
- File status.
- Help message. On how to use the server or the meaning of a particular non-standard command. This reply is useful only to the human user.
- NAME system type. Where NAME is an official system name from the list in the Assigned Numbers document.
- Service ready for new user.
- Service closing control connection. Logged out if appropriate.
- Data connection open; no transfer in progress.
- Closing data connection. Requested file action successful (for example, file transfer or file abort).
- Entering Passive Mode (h1,h2,h3,h4,p1,p2).
230 User logged in, proceed.
250 Requested file action okay, completed. 257 “PATHNAME” created.
- 300 Codes—The command has been accepted, but the requested action is being held pending receipt of further information.
- User name okay, need password.
- Need account for login.
350 Requested file action pending further information.
- 400 Codes—The command was not accepted and the requested action did not take place. The error condition is temporary, however, and the action may be requested again. 421 Service not available, closing control connection. (May be a reply to any command if the service knows it must shut down.)` 425 Can’t open data connection.
426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.
FTP Error Codes
- Requested file action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file busy).
- Requested action aborted: local error in processing.
- Requested action not taken. Insufficient storage space in system.
- 500 Codes—The command was not accepted and the requested action did not take place. 500 Syntax error, command unrecognized. This may include errors such as command line too long.
- Syntax error in parameters or arguments.
- Command not implemented.
- Bad sequence of commands.
- Command not implemented for that parameter.
530 User not logged in.
532 Need account for storing files.
- Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).
- Requested action aborted: page type unknown.
- Requested file action aborted. Exceeded storage allocation (for current directory or dataset).
- Requested action not taken. Illegal file name.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos