Devices can now benefit from the 802.11r implementation to fast roam between best available access points within a controller domain. Additionally, with implementation of 802.11k specifications you can now calculate 802.11k neighbor and radio measurement reports.
The fast roaming capability and 802.11k is configurable in ESS profile.
Supported Access Points: AP122, AP822, AP832, OAP832
- Supported only for clients that are compliant with 802.11k/v/r specifications • Fast roaming is not available in inter-controller roaming.
- Go to Configuration > Wireless > ESS and in the ESS Profile tab, change the following:
- For 802.11r, select On.
- For 802.11r Mobility Domain, enter an integer value.
- For 802.11k, select On to perform radio measurements.
default(15)# configure terminal default(15)(config)# essid fastroam‐1 default(15)(config‐essid)# 802.11r on default(15)(config‐essid)# 802.11k on default(15)(config‐essid)# 802.11r‐mobility‐domain‐id 100
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos