New PPPoE features
PPPoE dynamic gateway support (397628)
Original design for PPPoE requires to configure a static gateway. Although it works in many scenarios, some customers require to add support for dynamic gateway for internet-service based routes.
No changes to the CLI neither to the GUI.
Support multiple PPPoE connections on a single interface (363958)
Multiple PPPoE connections on a single physical or vlan interface are now supported by the FortiGate. In addition the interface can be on demand PPPoE.
New PPPoE features Support multiple PPPoE connections on a single interface (363958)
config system pppoe-interace edit <name> set dial-on-demand [enable|disable] set ipv6 [enable|disable] set device <interface> set username <string> set password <string>
set auth-type [auto|pap|chap|mschapv1|mschapv2] set ipunnumbered <class_ip>
set pppoe-unnumbered-negotiate [enable|disable] set idle-timeout <integer> set disc-retry-timeout <integer> set padt-retry-timeout <integer> set service-name <string> set ac-name <string>
Support multiple PPPoE connections on a single interface (363958) New PPPoE features
set lcp-echo-interval <integer> set lcp-max-echo-fails <integer>
- dial-on-demand- Enable/disable the dial on demand.feature l ipv6 – Enable/disable the use of IPv6. l device – The name of the physical interface.
- username – User name for credentials l password – Password matching the above username l auth-type – The type of PPP authentication to be used.
- auto – Automatic choice of authentication l pap – PAP authentication l chap – CHAP authentication l mschapv1 – MS-CHAPv1 authentication l mschapv2 – MS-CHAPv2 authentication
- ipunnumbered – PPPoE unnumbered IP. l pppoe-unnumbered-negotiate – Enable/disable PPPoE unnumbered negotiation. l idle-timeout – Idle time in seconds before PPPoE auto disconnects. 0 (zero) for no timeout. l disc-retry-timeout – Timeout value in seconds for PPPoE initial discovery. 0 to 4294967295. Default = 1. l padt-retry-timeout – Timeout value in seconds for PPPoE terminatation. 0 to 4294967295. Default = 1.
- service-name – PPPoE service name.) l ac-name – PPPoE AC name. l lcp-echo-interval – Interval in seconds allowed for PPPoE LCP echo. 0 to 4294967295. Default = 5.
- lcp-max-echo-fails – Maximum number of missed LCP echo messages before disconnect. 0 to 4294967295. Default = 3.
Adding Internet services to firewall policies (389951) CLI
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!