FortiGate VM (5.6)
New FortiGate VM features added to FortiOS 5.6.
FGT-VM VCPUs (308297)
Fortinet has now launched licensing for FortiGate VMs that support larger than 8 vCPUs. The new models/licenses include:
- Support for up to 16 vCPU – FortiGate-VM16 l Support for up to 32 vCPU – FortiGate-VM32 l Support for unlimited vCPU – FortiGate-VMUL
Each of these models should be able to support up to 500 VDOMs.
Improvements to License page (382128)
The page has been rewritten with some minor improvements such as:
- An indicator to show when a VM is waiting for authentication or starting up l Shows VM status when license is valid
- Shows CLI console window when VM is waiting too long for remote registration of server
Citrix XenServer tools support for XenServer VMs (387984)
This support allows users, with Citrix XenServer tools to read performance statistics from XenServer clients and do Xenmotion with servers in the same cluster
There are no changes to the GUI, but there are some changes to the CLI.
A setting has been edited to control the debug level of the XenServer tools daemon diag debug application xstoolsd <integer>
Integer = Debug level
An additional update has been added to set the update frequency for XenServer tools
config system global set xstools-update-frequency Xenserver <integer> end
Enter an integer value from 30 to 300 (default = 60).
FOS VM supports more interfaces (393068)
The number of virtual interfaces that the VM version of FortiOS supports has been raised from 3 to 10.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos