Process to create a wireless network
To set up your wireless network, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Make sure the FortiGate wireless controller is configured for your geographic location. This ensures that the available radio channels and radio power are in compliance with the regulations in your region.
- Optionally, if you don’t want to use automatic AP profile settings, configure a FortiAP profile, specifying the radio settings and the SSIDs to which they apply.
- Configure one or more SSIDs for your wireless network. The SSID configuration includes DHCP and DNS settings. l Configure the user group and users for authentication on the WLAN. l Configure the firewall policy for the WLAN. l Optionally, customize the captive portal.
- Configure access points.
Configuration of the built-in AP on FortiWiFi units is described in this chapter. Connection and configuration of FortiAP units is described in the next chapter, see Access point deployment on page 64.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos