The CMDB User Agent page lists common and uncommon user agents in HTTP communications. The traditional use case for a user agent is to detect browser types so the server can return an optimized page. However, user agents are often misused by malware, and are used to communicate the identity of the client to the BotNet controller over HTTP(S). FortiSIEM monitors HTTP(S) logs and the system rule Blacklist User Agent Match uses regular expression matching to detect blacklisted user agents.
Adding User Agents
- Log in to your Supervisor node.
- Go to CMDB > User Agents.
- Select the User Agent group where you want to add the new user agent.
- Click New.
- Enter the User Agent using regular expression notation.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos