Creating CMDB Groups and Adding Objects to Them
In the CMDB browser pane you will see several categories, or groups, for each type of CMDB object. For example, under Applications, you will see the groups Infrastructure App, User App, and Ungrouped, with additional subcategorization within each of those groups. You can create your own groupings and add CMDB objects to them.
- Log in to your Supervisor node.
- Click CMDB.
- In the CMDB browser pane, select the type of CMDB object you want to create a group for, and then click +.
- Enter a Group name and Description.
- Under Select Group Members, select any existing groups from which you would like to add objects to your new group.
The group containing all the CMDB objects of this type is selected by default.
- Select the objects you want to add to the group, and then click >> to add them to the group.
- Click OK.
Your new group, and the objects it contains, will be listed under that CMDB object type in the CMDB browser pane. You can add objects directly to the group by selecting it in the CMDB browser pane, and then following the process for adding a new object.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!