Decommissioning a device
Decommissioning a device lets you re-assign the IP address to a new device but still keep the old device in CMDB for historical purposes.
To decommission a device
- Go to CMDB > Devices 2. Select the device.
- Click on the menu under Name and select Decommission.
- Provide a Reason and Select OK to decommission the device
- Consequences of decommissioning
- Device will be moved to CMDB > Devices > Decommission folder
- Device will be removed from maintenance calendars
- Performance monitoring will stop
- A new device with the same IP can be discovered
To re-commission the device
- Go to CMDB > Devices > Decommission 2. Select the device.
- Click on the menu under Name and select Recommission.
- The device will be moved back to the folder where it was when it was decommissioned. 5. Performance monitoring will resume
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!