This report shows the statistics of each inbound class as defined in FortiWAN’s Bandwidth Management function (See “Bandwidth Management”). Each class is a classification (by service, by IP address and etc.) of incoming traffic passed through FortiWAN. This statistic will help you realize if the Bandwidth Management policies of FortiWAN are running well, or if any adjustment is necessary for the specified bandwidth class.
Create a report for a specific day or over a range of dates (See “Create a Report”).
Export reports and send reports through email (See “Export and Email”).
- Pie Chart: Pie chart of traffic statistics is generated based on Inbound Classes of FortiWAN’s Bandwidth Management.
- Bar Chart: Bar chart statistics show the actual data volume used by the top 10 Inbound Classes.
- List the Inbound Class the most traffic being classified into. l In Class: The Inbound Classes defined in FortiWAN. l Inbound Bytes: The volume of inbound traffic of the Inbound classes. l Outbound Bytes: The volume of outbound traffic of the Inbound Classes. l Total Bytes: The volume of total traffic of the Inbound Classes (Inbound Bytes + Outbound Bytes).
- Note: Select “Inbound Bytes”, “Outbound Bytes” or “Total Bytes” as primary sorting by clicking on the column title. A “▲” is shown aside the column header while the column is selected as primary sorting, e.g. Inbound Bytes ▲.
- % Total Bytes: The volume of total traffic of the Inbound Classes in %. l % Inbound Bytes: The volume of inbound traffic of the Inbound Classes in %. l % Outbound Bytes: The volume of outbound traffic of the Inbound Classes in %.
- Only one of the three statistics data (% Inbound Bytes, % Outbound Bytes, or % Total Bytes) will be displayed in the statistics table depending on the primary sort column.
- This page and this table describe total traffic volume, not traffic rate. Data transferred are measured in KBytes, MBytes or GBytes over the period of time selected.
- Drill in (See “Drill In”):
- Clicking the magnifier icon located under the “Drill in” column in the statistics table allows you to perform an additional ‘drill-down’ analysis on traffic for the selected In Class, shown by Out Class, WAN, Service, Internal IP, External IP, Internal Group, External Group and Traffic Rate (Trend) via the selected policy In Class:
- Out Class – Out Classes that are associated with this In Class.
- WAN – WAN links that are associated with this In Class. l Service – Services (L3-L7) that are associated with this In Class. l Internal IP – Any monitored internal IP addresses that are associated with this In Class. l External IP – Any monitored external IP addresses that are associated with this In Class.
- Internal Group – Any monitored internal IP group (set up under the Settings menu) that the internal IP addresses are associated with this In Class.
- External Group – Any monitored external IP group (set up under the Settings menu) that the external IP addresses are associated with this In Class. l Traffic Rate: bandwidth distribution generated by this In Class by the date range defined.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!