Who is Office of The CISO? - How to Get Into Cybersecurity - What is a Chief Information Security Officer?
What is a SOC Analyst?
The Cloud Applications console provides information about the cloud applications being used on your network. This includes information such as:
- The names of videos viewed on YouTube (visible by hovering the cursor over the session entry)
- Filed uploaded and downloaded from cloud hosting services such as Dropbox
- Account names used for cloud services
Two different views are available for the Cloud Applications: Applications and Users (located in the top menu bar next to the time periods). Applications shows a list of the programs being used. Users shows information on the individual users of the cloud applications, including the username, if the FortiGate was able to view the login event.
This console can be filtered by Cloud Application and Result. For more on filters, see Filtering options.
In order for information to appear in the Cloud Applications console, an application control profile (that has Deep Inspection of Cloud Applications turned on) must be
enabled in a policy, and SSL Inspection must use deep-inspection.
Scenario: Viewing cloud application usage data
From the Cloud Applications console, users can drill down to access detailed data on cloud application usage data. In this scenario, the console is used to determine the network’s most frequent user of YouTube over a 24- hour period, and find out more about their usage patterns.
1. Go to FortiView > Cloud Applications.
2. Select Applications view from the top menu bar if it is not already selected.
3. Select 24 Hours from the Time Display options.
4. Find YouTube under the Application column and double-click it (or right-click and select Drill down for details…). This will open the YouTube stats window.
5. To determine the user who has accessed YouTube the most frequently, sort the column entries by Sessions by selecting the column header of the same name.
6. Double-click (or right-click and select Drill down for details…) the top-bandwidth YouTube user to view detailed stats, including the names of videos watched by the user and the date and time each video was accessed.
Only FortiGate models 100D and above support the 24 hour historical data.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos