WAN Optimization in FortiOS 5.2.4
In FortiOS 5.2.4:
- If your FortiGate does not have a hard disk, WAN Optimization is not available.
- If your FortiGate has a hard disk, you can configure WAN Optimization from the CLI.
- If your FortiGate has two hard disks, you can configure WAN Optimization from the GUI.
FortiGate and FortiWiFi D-series and above have a built in Fortinet_Factory certificate that uses a 2048-bit certificate with the 14 DH group.
FortiGate-92D High Availability in Interface Mode
The FortiGate-92D may fail to form an HA cluster and experience a spanning tree loop if it is configured with the following:
- operating in interface mode
- at least one of the interfaces, for example interface9, is used has the HA heartbeat interface l a second interface is connected to an external switch
Workaround: use either WAN1 or WAN2 as the HA heartbeat device.
Default log setting change
For FG-5000 blades and FG-3900 series, log disk is disabled by default. It can only be enabled via CLI. For all 2U & 3U models (FG-3600/FG-3700/FG-3800), log disk is also disabled by default. For all 1U models and desktop models that supports SATA disk, log disk is enabled by default.
FG-5001D operating in FortiController or Dual FortiController mode
When upgrading a FG-5001D operating in FortiController or dual FortiController mode from version 5.0.7 (B4625) to FortiOS version 5.2.3, you may experience a back-plane interface connection issue. This is due to a change to the ELBC interface mapping ID. After the upgrade, you will need to perform a factory reset and then re-configure the device.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos