- Ensure the FortiGate unit is connected and properly grounded to a lightning and surge protector. WAN or LAN connections that enter the premises from outside the building should be connected to an Ethernet CAT5 (10/100 Mb/s) surge protector.
- Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) Ethernet cables should be used whenever possible rather than Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP).
- Do not connect or disconnect cables during lightning activity to avoid damage to the FortiGate unit or personal injury.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos