Keep the following environmental specifications in mind when installing and setting up your FortiGate unit.
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C). Temperatures may vary, depending on the FortiGate model.
- If you install the FortiGate unit in a closed or multi-unit rack assembly, the operating ambient temperature of the rack environment may be greater than room ambient temperature. Therefore, make sure to install the equipment in an environment compatible with the manufacturer’s maximum rated ambient temperature.
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C). Temperatures may vary, depending on the FortiGate model.
- Humidity: 5 to 90% non-condensing.
- Air flow – For rack installation, make sure that the amount of air flow required for safe operation of the equipment is not compromised.
- For free-standing installation, make sure that the appliance has at least 1.5 in. (3.75 cm) of clearance on each side to allow for adequate air flow and cooling.
Depending on your device, the FortiGate may generate, use, and even radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If the equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!