You absolutely MUST harden administrative access on your FortiGate if you want to remain secure and prepared. There are a lot of ways to help reduce the attack surface and make things as secure as possible.
- Remove Administrative Access from any interface that absolutely is NOT necessary.
- Remove the default admin account and create non-standard ones
- Add Trusted Hosts to your administrative accounts
- Add multi-factor authentication to your admin accounts
- Utilize Local-In-Policy configurations to shrink your attack surface
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!