FortiGate consults FortiGuard servers to help identify the spammers IP address or emails, known phishing URLs, known spam URLs, known spam email checksums, etc. FortiGuard servers have maintained databases that contain black lists which are fed from Fortinet sensors and labs distributed all over the world.
To configure the FortiGuard filters in the CLI:
config emailfilter profile edit “myEmailFilterProfile” set spam-filtering enable
set options spamfsip spamfssubmit spamfschksum spamfsurl spamrbl spamhdrcheck spamfsphish next
To configure the FortiGuard filters in the GUI:
- Go to Security Profiles > Email Filter.
- In the FortiGuard Spam Filtering Spam Filtering section, you can enable or disable the following filters:
- IP Address Check l URL Check
- Detect Phising URLs in Email l Email Checksum Check
- Spam Submission
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos