- Use NTP to synchronize time on the FortiGate and the core network systems, such as email servers, web servers, and logging services.
- Enable log rules to match corporate policy. For example, log administration authentication events and access to systems from untrusted interfaces.
- Minimize adhoc changes to live systems, if possible, to minimize interruptions to the network. When not possible, create backup configurations and implement sound audit systems using FortiAnalyzer and FortiManager.
- If you only need to allow access to a system on a specific port, limit the access by creating the strictest rule possible.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos