FortiGate firewall components
The FortiGate firewall is made up of a number of different components that are used to build an impressive list of features that have flexibility of scope and granularity of control that provide protection that is beyond that provided by the basic firewalls of the past.
Some of the components that FortiOS uses to build features are:
- Soft Switches l Zones
- Predefined Addresses l IP address based l FQDN based l Geography based l Access Schedules l Authentication l Local User based l Authentication Server based (Active Directory, Radius, LDAP) l Device Based l Configureable Services l IPv4 and IPv6 protocol support
The features of FortiOS include but are not limited to:
- Security profiles, sometimes referred to as Unified Threat Management (UTM) or Next Generation Firewall
(NGFW) l Predefined firewall addresses (this includes IPv4 and IPv6, IP pools,. wildcard addresses and netmasks, and geography-based addresses)
- Monitoring traffic l Traffic shaping and per-IP traffic shaping (advanced) l Firewall schedules l Services (such as AOL, DHCP and FTP) l Logging traffic l Quality of Service (QoS) l Identity-based policies l Endpoint security
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos