Configuring the built-in access point on a FortiWiFi unit
Both FortiGate and FortiWiFi units have the WiFi controller feature. If you configure a WiFi network on a
FortiWiFi unit, you can also use the built-in wireless capabilities in your WiFi network as one of the access points.
If Virtual Domains are enabled, you must select the VDOM to which the built-in access point belongs. You do this in the CLI. For example:
config wireless-controller global set local-radio-vdom vdom1
To configure the FortiWiFi unit’s built-in WiFi access point
- Go to WiFi Controller > Local WiFi Radio.
- Make sure that Enable WiFi Radio is selected.
- In SSID, if you do not want this AP to carry all SSIDs, select Select SSIDs and then select the required SSIDs.
- Optionally, adjust the TX Power
If you have selected your location correctly (see Configuring the built-in access point on a FortiWiFi unit on page 62), the 100% setting corresponds to the maximum power allowed in your region.
the built-in access point on a FortiWiFi unit
- If you do not want the built-in WiFi radio to be used for rogue scanning, select Do not participate in Rogue AP scanning.
- Select OK.
If you want to connect external APs, such as FortiAP units, see the next chapter, Access point deployment.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To Buy Your Fortinet Hardware From The Fortinet GURU