Monitoring Custom Applications
While FortiSIEM provides support for many applications, there may also be situations in which you have a custom application running in your infrastructure that you want to monitor. This topic explains how to set up FortiSIEM to monitor that application, and add it to a business service.
- Log in to your Supervisor.
- Go to CMDB > Applications, and either select a group where you want to add the application, or create a new one.
- Click New, and enter an Application Name and a Process Name.
- Click Save.
- Initiate discovery of the server where the application is running.
- Go to CMDB > Devices and select the server.
- Click the Software tab and make sure the application has been discovered.
- Go to General Settings > Monitoring > Important Processes.
- Click Add and enter the name of the process that the application is running on.
- Click Apply All.
- Run a structured historical search using these attributes to make sure the process utilization metrics are being received by FortiSIEM.
|Reporting IP||The IP address of the server where the application is running|
|Application Name||The name of the application|
- Add your application to a business service.
You should now be able to go Dashboard > Summary Dashboards > Biz Service Summary and see your process running under Top Monitored Processes when you select the associated business service.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To Buy Your Fortinet Hardware From The Fortinet GURU