Installing and Configuring Tableau Server
Before you begin installing Tableau Server, make sure you have read the section on Tableau Server in Requirements for Visual Analytics Report Server. This contains information on the Administrator Account and Ports that you will need during the configuration process. You may want to also consult the Tableau Server Administration Guide before you begin the installation process.
- Download the installation file from Tableau Software.
- Double-click the installation file to launch the Setup Wizard.
- When the Setup Wizard launches, click Next to begin the installation process.
- Enter a Destination Location where you want to install the server files, and then click Next.
- When the system verification process completes, click Next.
- Enter a location for the Start Menu folder, or use the default location, and then click Next.
- Click Install to complete the installation process.
- Click Next to begin the server activation process.
- If you are evaluating Tableau Server, click Start trial now. Otherwise, click Activate the product to enter a license key.
- If you enter a license key, click Activate.
- Click Continue to launch the Tableau Server configuration process.
- In the Configuration dialog, enter a User Name and Password for the domain admin account that you will use to administer the Tableau Server.
- If necessary, enter a Gateway port through which you will connect to the server over HTTP.
- Click OK.
The initialization process will launch and complete within several minutes.
- Click Finish to complete the configuration process.
- Launch the Tableau Server user interface by entering the URI for the server in a browser window.
The URI will be be in the format of http://<Windows_Server_IP_Address>:<Port_Number_Used_In_Step_2> 6. Sign in to the server by entering the credentials for the domain admin account that you created in Step 1, and then click Sign In.
- Click the Admin tab and select Maintenance.
- Under Status, check to make sure that all systems are up and running.
You are now ready to install Tableau Desktop. After you have completed the Desktop installation process and connect to Report Server for the first time to create a sheet, as described in Creating a Single Sheet Workbook, you will also establish the connection between AccelOps Report Server and Tableau Server.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos