Registering Report Server
- In the Admin tab, select License Management.
- Under Report Server Information, click Add.
- Enter the Report Server IP Address, and the Database Username and Password you want to use to administer Report Server.
These are also the credentials that you will use when you set up the Visual Analytics Server to read data from Report Server.
- Click Run in Background if you want Report Server registration to run in the background for larger installations.
When CMDB size is under 1GB, registration takes approximately 3 minutes to complete.
- When registration completes, click OK in the confirmation dialog.
- Under the Admin tab, select Cloud Health and make sure Report Server is up and running.
Syncing with the Report Server
Using AccelOps Visual Analytics involves first syncing reports contained in the primary AccelOps application to the AccelOps Report Server.
- Log in to your Supervisor node.
- Go to Analytics > Reports > Synced Reports.
- Select a report.
Currently only reports that contain a Group By condition can be synced. Both system and user-created reports can be synched as long as the contain a Group By condition.
- Select Sync.
When the sync process initiates, the Supervisor node dynamically creates a table within the Report Server reportdb database. When the sync is established, it will run every five minutes, and the last five minutes of data in the synced report will be pushed to the corresponding table. This lets you run Visual Analytics on event data stored in the Report Server reportdb database.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!