Creating Inbound Policies for Importing Devices from an External System
You can import the contents of other help desk and external system device databases into the FortiSIEM CMDB.
You will need to have created a CSV file for mapping the contents of the external database to a location on your FortiSIEM Supervisor, which will be periodically updated based on the schedule you set. See Creating the CSV File for Importing Devices from External Systems for more information.
- Log into your Supervisor node with administrator credentials.
- Go to Admin > General Settings > Integration.
- Click Add.
- For Type, select Device.
- For Direction, select Inbound.
- Select the Vendor of the external system you want to connect to.
- Enter the File Path to the CSV file.
- For Column Mapping, click + and enter the mapping between columns in the Source CSV file and the Destination
For example, if the source CSV has a column IP, and you want to map that to the column Device IP in the CMDB, you would enter IP for Source Column, and select Device IP for Destination Column.
- When you are finished creating column mappings, click OK.
- For Data Mapping, click + and enter the mapping between data values in the external system and the destination CMDB.
For example, if you wanted to change all instances of California in the entries for the State attribute in the external system to CA in the destination CMDB, you would select the State attribute, enter California for From. and CA for To.
- When you are done creating your data mappings, click OK.
- Click Save.
Creating the CSV File for Importing Devices from External Systems
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To Buy Your Fortinet Hardware From The Fortinet GURU