Scheduling a Discovery
Discovery can be a long-running process when performed on a large network, or over a large IP range, and so you may want to schedule it to occur when there is less load on your network or during off hours. You may also want to set up a schedule for the process to run and discover new devices on a regular basis.
- Log in to your Supervisor node.
- Go to Admin > Setup Wizard > Discovery.
- Click Schedule.
- Click the +
- Select from the available ranges.
You can select multiple ranges and set the order in which discovery will run on them by using the up and down arrows.
- Set the time at which you want discovery to run.
- For a one-time scheduled discovery, enter a Date for the discovery to run.
- For recurring discoveries, select how often (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly), you want discovery to run, and then enter other scheduling options.
- Click OK.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!