Installing a Collector on Bare Metal Hardware
You can install Collectors on bare metal hardware (that is, without a hypervisor layer). Be sure to read the section on Hardware Requirements for Collectors in Browser Support and Hardware Requirements before starting the installation process.
- Download the Linux collector ISO image from https://images.FortiSIEM.net/VMs/releases/CO/.
- Burn the ISO to a DVD so that you can boot from it to begin the setup.
- Before you begin the installation, make sure the host where you want to install the Collector has an Internet connection.
- Log into the server where you want to install the Collector as root and make sure your boot DVD is loaded.
- Go to /etc/yum.repos.d and make sure these configuration files are in the directory:
- The system will reboot itself when installation completes.
- Follow the instructions in Registering the Collector to the Supervisor to complete the Collector set up.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!