FortiManager can also connect to the FortiGuard Distribution Network (FDN) to receive push updates for IPS signatures and antivirus definitions. These updates can then be used to update multiple FortiGate units throughout an organization. By using the FortiManager as the host for updates, bandwidth use is minimized as updates are downloaded to one source instead of many.
To receive IPS and antivirus updates from FortiManager, indicate an alternate IP address on the FortiGate unit.
To configure updates from FortiManager
1. Go to System > Config > FortiGuard.
2. Select AntiVirus and IPS Options to expand the options.
3. Enable both Allow Push Update and Use override push IP.
4. Enter the IP address of the FortiManager unit.
5. Select Apply.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos