Backing up and restoring the cluster configuration
You can backup the configuration of the primary unit by logging into the web-based manager or CLI and following normal configuration backup procedures.
The following configuration settings are not synchronized to all cluster units:
- HA override and priority
- The interface configuration of the HA reserved management interface (config system interface)
- The HA reserved management interface default IPv4 route (ha-mgmt-interface-gateway)
- The HA reserved management interface default IPv6 route (ha-mgmt-interface-gateway6)
- The FortiGate unit host name.
To backup these configuration settings for each cluster unit you must log into each cluster unit and backup its configuration.
If you need to restore the configuration of the cluster including the configuration settings that are not synchronized you should first restore the configuration of the primary unit and then restore the configuration of each cluster unit. Alternatively you could log into each cluster unit and manually add the configuration settings that were not restored.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos