This chapter provides some reference information pertaining to wireless networks.
- FortiAP web-based manager
- Wireless radio channels
- WiFi event types
- FortiAP CLI
FortiAP web-based manager
You can access the FortiAP unit’s built-in web-based manager. This is useful to adjust settings that are not available through the FortiGate unit’s WiFi Controller. Logging into the FortiAP web-based manager is similar to logging into the FortiGate web-based manager.
The Status section provides information about the FortiAP unit.
- Select Change to change the Host Name.
- Select Update in Firmware Version to upload a new FortiAP firmware file from your computer.
- Select Change Password to change the administrator password.
- Select Backup to save the current FortiAP configuration as a file on your computer.
- Select Restore to load a configuration into your FortiAP unit from a file on your computer.
Select DHCP or select Static and specify the IP address, netmask, and gateway IP address. Administrative Access settings affect access after the FortiAP has been authorized. By default, HTTP access needed to access the FortiAP web-based manager is enabled, but Telnet access is not enabled.
These settings determine how the FortiAP unit connects to the FortiGate WiFi controller.
Uplink Ethernet – wired connection to the FortiGate unit (default) Mesh – WiFi mesh connection
Ethernet with mesh backup support
Mesh AP SSID Enter the SSID of the mesh root. Default: fortinet.mesh.root
Mesh AP Pass- word
Enter password for the mesh SSID.
Bridge the mesh SSID to the FortiAP Ethernet port.
This is available only whe Uplink is Mesh.
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos
Cybersecurity Videos and Training Available Via: Office of The CISO Security Training Videos