Question: Is it possible to configure time stamps for voicemail when they are recorded enabling you to know when a user left the message?
Answer: Absolutely, in fact, it comes on by default. The only real thing you need to do is ensure that the date and time are properly set on your system. Below is a list of means to access the time stamps.
Timestamp for voice messages can be viewed in three different ways:
1) voicemail to email will include timestamp info, i.e.
Voice Mailbox 451 – Sales
New message from XXX XXX XXXX IRON OAK IT INC
Received: Friday, March 20 at 11:52am
Length: 40 seconds
Total un-reviewed messages: 1
Total saved messages: 6
2) When listening to messages on a local or remote phone, press 5 to listen to message info including date and timestamp
3) You can open the Voicemail Manager option in the management console.
From there you can download all the messages from a mailbox, and the filenames will include date and time info, i.e.:
– [NEW][PRO LINK MORTG][1403xxxxxxx]~150401084901.wav
the number at the end shows 2015 april 1st at 8:49:01 AM
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Check Out The Fortinet Guru Youtube Channel! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!
Don't Forget To visit the YouTube Channel for the latest Fortinet Training Videos and Question / Answer sessions!
- FortinetGuru YouTube Channel
- FortiSwitch Training Videos