FortiManager Security Management appliances allow you to centrally manage any number of Fortinet Network Security devices, from several to thousands, including FortiGate, FortiWiFi, and FortiCarrier. Network administrators can better control their network by logically grouping devices into administrative domains (ADOMs), efficiently applying policies and distributing content security/firmware updates. FortiManager is one of several versatile Network Security Management Products that provide a diversity of deployment types, growth flexibility, advanced customization through APIs and simple licensing.
FortiManager provides the following features:
- Provides easy centralized configuration, policy-based provisioning, update management and end-to-end network monitoring for your Fortinet installation,
- Segregate management of large deployments easily and securely by grouping devices and agents into geographic or functional administrative domains (ADOMs),
- Reduce your management burden and operational costs with fast device and agent provisioning, detailed revision tracking, and thorough auditing capabilities,
- Easily manage complex mesh and star VPN environments while leveraging FortiManager as a local distribution point for software and policy updates,
- Seamless integration with FortiAnalyzer appliances provides in-depth discovery, analysis, prioritization and reporting of network security events,
- Quickly create and modify policies/objects with a consolidated, drag and drop enabled, in-view editor,
- Script and automate device provisioning, policy pushing, etc. with JSON APIs or build custom web portals with the
XML API, l Leverage powerful device profiles for mass provisioning and configuration of managed devices,
- Centrally control firmware upgrades and content security updates from FortiGuard Center Threat Research &
Response, l Deploy with either a physical hardware appliance or virtual machine with multiple options to dynamically increase storage
FortiManager system architecture emphasizes reliability, scalability, ease of use, and easy integration with third-party systems.
FortiManager feature set
The FortiManager feature set includes the following modules:
l Device Manager l Policy & Objects l FortiGuard l System Settings
Having trouble configuring your Fortinet hardware or have some questions you need answered? Ask your questions in the comments below!!! Want someone else to deal with it for you? Get some consulting from Fortinet GURU!